- 100% of our students who have passed our course on the first try! 100% 100%
Students will participate in 40 hours of Live Online Class Webinars that they can schedule up to one month in advance for times that fit their schedule. If it’s more convenient, students can choose to watch our On-Demand class videos that are available anytime 24/7. A maximum of 20 hours of On-Demand videos can counts towards their required 40 hours. Virtual Office hours are also available to students during the week to ask questions about the materials presented in class.
The 40 hours of class time is broken down into 20 2-hour class modules. The curriculum is based on the PSI exam outline provided in their candidate handbook. Classes are scheduled throughout the week in the morning, evening and weekends to accommodate a variety of schedules.
Each class highlights a number of topics that will be on the exam. During each class, we start by reviewing the topics likely to be on the exam, then continue with a more in-depth discussion on each topic. During the class, you should expect a pop-up questions approximately every 15 minutes, to confirm your virtual attendance, then we typically wrap up the class with a short quiz to determine what topics most students need to review.
During the class webinars, students are encouraged to ask questions via the chat box available for each Webinar. Depending on the number of students registered for each class, the instructor may have an additional panelist assisting to answer questions. If your questions are not fully answered during class, you are encouraged to register for one of the Online Office hour sessions, available weekly. If you are still having a tough time understanding a particular concept, you are encouraged to contact Maria Crowley directly so that she can help you figure out a new study plan.
The main objective of this course is to teach students how to pass the MA Real Estate Salesperson Exam. This course is not intended to provide in-depth training to learn the practice of real estate. For students who are interested in learning more about real estate, check out the real estate extension courses we have available on our website or contact us and let us know what you’re thinking about. There are always a lot of opportunities we are working on or have heard about. Chances are in your favor that we will at least have a good conversation and that you’ll be walking out the door, heading in the right direction. 🤓
HOW TO SCHEDULE YOUR CLASSES
40 hours of class learning can be completed by attending 40 hours of Live online class webinars or a combination of webinars and self-directed on-demand videos.
Live online class webinar calendar – We schedule weekly classes up to one month in advance to offer times that fit your schedule. You will be able to access the calendar from your student dashboard and register for all classes required.
On-Demand class video library – Available anytime for you to watch 24/7. You will have access to our entire video library from your student dashboard. You are free to view all the courses in the library but don’t forget that the Massachusetts Real Estate Licensing Board will only allow up to 20 hours of on-demand videos to be applied towards your 40 hours.
Virtual Office hours – Available office hours during the week are scheduled the same way that you would access our live online webinar classes. This time is used for students to ask questions about the materials presented in class. If students don’t have any questions, the time will be used to review course material.
MA SALESPERSON EXAM REQUIREMENTS
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Provide a valid Social Security number.
- Filed all state tax returns and paid all state taxes required by law.
- Schedule exam and pay the testing fee $85 ($54 Retake fee).
Bring to exam:
- Two (2) forms of signed identification (e.g. license and credit card).
- PSI form with signatures from three (3) people who have vouched for your character (they can’t be a relative or a classmate).
- Certificate of completion signed and stamped by a Massachusetts licensed real estate school for the 40-hour pre-licensing salesperson course (provided after finishing the course).
- Pass the real estate licensure examination within two years of completing the pre-licensing course.
- After taking the exam, you will find out immediately if you passed or failed the exam.
- Passed = Receive your license on the spot! MA licensing fee $105-$150 (based on your date of birth).
- Failed = Retake fee $54, you can schedule a retake 2 days in advance (e.g. test on Monday, retake Wednesday).
PSI TESTING INFORMATION
- PSI is the official testing service for Massachusetts Real Estate Exams. Their Candidate Information Bulletin contains all the information you need to know about the exam, including an outline of questions that will be on the exam. We review this handbook in detail when you take our first class “MA RE 01 – Introduction”.
- Download PSI Candidate Information Bulletin, last updated 5/2/19. (We review the details in the first class “RE S01 Intro”)
- Visit the PSI Website to schedule your exam when you are done with the course and feel ready to take the exam.
- PSI Testing Centers: Auburn, Charlestown, West Springfield, Fall River & Lawrence
- Test Fee: $85 (Retake fee: $54) – Exam fee valid for one year
- Schedule 1 day in advance (Reschedule or Cancel 2 days in advance)
INSTRUCTORS & CONTRIBUTORS
- Online Webinar Licensed Instructor: Maria J Crowley, CPA (For more “About your Instructor” click here.)
Instructors: Various Professionals and Students teach alongside a licensed instructor. On Demand
TUITION & CLASS SCHEDULING OPTIONS
- Tuition: $350 ($225 Beta Membership* for 2019 Q2) & ($150 Student Membership**).
- Enroll Anytime: You have 6 months to finish the course (from the date of purchase).
- 40 hours of class time is required to receive your certificate of completion.
- We offer 20 Classes, 2 hours each.
- You can choose to take them as a Live Webinar or watch On Demand videos (24/7).
- Live Online Classes – Scheduled weekly, Online Calendar updated monthly.
- On-Demand Classes – Available anytime (24/7). Maximum of 20 hours count towards the required 40 hours.
- Online Office Hours***
*Beta Membership for a limited time applies to students who have agreed to participate in course feedback sessions.
**Student Membership is a program that applies to High School (18 years or older) and College students.
***Online Office Hours provides an opportunity for the instructor and students to communicate in “real time”. It is an informative and interactive session where course-related questions, answers, and discussions take place. If students don’t have questions, a review of material is offered. Our course calendar provides the dates and times Online Office Hours are available.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented in the materials and classes. The Neighborhood Realty School reserves the right to implement new rules and regulations and to make changes in any way to any and all courses offered (including, without limitations, changes in course content and course calendar), locations, tuition, and fees. Whenever possible, appropriate notice of such changes will be given before they become effective.
Ask A Question
Questions are the root of all answers.
Don’t Be Shy!